Advantages of SAM
Subcontractors Association of the Metroplex
In today’s world what can you buy for $396.00?
- 1 Hour with an Attorney?
- 1 Hour with an Accountant?
- 1 Construction Seminar?
- 1 First AID Training Course?
With SAM you buy:
- Informative and Factual Business Practices Information
- Industry Payment Practices
- Change Order Procedures
- Jobsite Experiences
- And More!
- Monthly Business Programs to alert members to Changes in Rules, Regulations and Laws affecting the Member’s Daily Business Operations
- Seminars with in-depth information on subjects requested by members
- Subcontract Review: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
- How to Properly File a Lien and Bond Claim in Texas
- Up-to-date Reports of Court Filings, Bankruptcies, Job and Tax Liens affecting our industry
- Networking Before and After our Monthly Meetings and Networking Events throughout the year
- TopGolf & Silent Auction - Spring Networking Event
- Clay Shoot - Fall Networking Event
- Happy Hours
SAM's General Counsel, Spike Cutler, presents two half-day seminars each year. In April, Spike will review the newest Contract Language to beware of so that your company does not agree to terms which are not in its best interest. In November, Spike will review the Texas Lien Laws. In Texas, we have one of the most complicated lien processes in the country with which to abide to protect our right to payment on construction projects.
Great Business Presentations
Members also enjoy monthly meeting presentations on topics such as these:
- Total Quality Management
- Loss Prevention
- Cyber Security
- Delay Damages & Impact Recovery
- Critical Dates in the Business Lives of Subcontractors
- Active Shooter Procedures
- OSHA Compliance
- Drug Prevention in the Workplace
- Texas Prompt Pay Laws
- Job-site Crime Prevention
- Hiring and Firing under Texas Labor Laws
- Texas Sales Tax
- Construction Unemployment Claims Mediation v. Court
LET US HELP YOU TO BECOME A BETTER SUBCONTRACTOR – JOIN TODAY!