Advantages of SAM
Subcontractors Association of the Metroplex
In today’s world what can you buy for $396.00?
- 1 Hour with an Attorney?
- 1 Hour with an Accountant?
- 1 Construction Seminar:
- 1 First AID Training Course?
With SAM you buy
- Informative and Factual business practices information - industry payment practices, change order procedures, jobsite experiences, etc...
- Business dinner programs to alert member’s to changes in rules, regulations and laws affecting the member’s daily business operations.
- Seminars with in-depth information on subjects requested bymembers.
- Up-to-date reports of court filings,bankruptcies, job and tax liens affecting our industry
SAM members benefit from presentations by experts in industry and business- some topics–
- Mechanics’ & Materialmen’s Liens- Texas’ complicated lien law, explained for subcontractors
- Payment Bonds and Claims – With practical tips for getting paid on public works projects
- Legislative Initiatives –What the boys in Austin and Washington are doing to “help” you- and how to let them know what you need!
- Safety – Control your exposure to losses from dangerous practices, and protect your valued employees
- Insurance – Protecting your business from loss through effective insurance strategies
Great Dinner Presentations
- Total Quality Management
- Loss Prevention
- Critical Path Scheduling
- Delay Damages & Impact Recovery
- Critical Dates in the Business Lives of Subcontractors
- How to do Business with Dallas County
- OSHA Compliance
- Drug Prevention in the Workplace
- Texas Prompt Pay Laws - GC to Sub/Supplier
- Crime Prevention in Office & on Jobsite
- Small Claims Court - How to use
- Hiring & Firing under Texas Labor Laws
- Texas Sales Tax -Construction
- Unemployment Claims - Save Money
- Mediation Vs Court House
LET US HELP YOU TO BECOME A BETTER SUBCONTRACTOR – JOIN TODAY!